Mailchimp has attracted extreme criticism the past fortnight when it became clear how its new marketing services would impact its core email offering — particularly in terms of pricing — leading many long-time users to start and explore alternatives.
In a nutshell, they’ve recently made the shift towards an ‘all in one marketing platform’ and no longer serve people who are only looking for an email marketing tool. This has caused quite a stir in the industry and among their customer base.
The company made the announcement on the 14th May 2019.
Here are a few changes regarding their pricing :
- They’ve drastically increased their prices, and no longer allow you to send unlimited emails across all plans.
- They charge based on ‘audience’ instead of email lists. This means you pay for unsubscribed and unconfirmed contacts as well.
- A lot of basic email marketing features are now shifted to higher pricing plans, which means you’ve to pay a lot more to do the essential things for your email marketing.
Unhappy with Mailchimp’s recent changes?
Don’t want to pay for unsubscribed contacts? Check out all the reasons why you should switch to ConvertKit .
For this you will need :
1. Your current Mailchimp account.
2. A New ConvertKit account. You can create one free by clicking here. – FREE TRIAL
3. From here – click on this help article from the ConvertKit knowledgebase – This article will provide you with all the info you need to make that switch.