Causeway Chamber of Commerce is delighted to welcome Randox as the principal sponsor for the 2017 Causeway Coast and Glens Business Awards. The awards were officially launched on Friday 2 June at Dundarave Estate.
The awards are organised bi-annually by Causeway Chamber of Commerce and demonstrate the very best of business from across the region, highlighting the positive contribution that businesses make to the economy and to society as a whole.
Anthony Newman, President of Causeway Chamber, said: “The awards have been in place since 2005 and since their conception they have prospered and become the leading event of their kind in the Borough. The Chamber Awards recognise and celebrate the contribution of businesses to their local community and the wider economy. Within our Borough we have dynamic companies that are making a positive contribution to their local communities and finding new markets for their products and services at home and further afield. Our awards acknowledge the relentless efforts of these businesses and their talented employees and it is great to see the mix of businesses at the awards, representing sectors from services to manufacturing to retail.”
Dr Peter FitzGerald, founder and MD of Randox, said: “We are delighted to be sponsoring these awards for the first time, as they play a very important role in the Borough and beyond. Successful businesses are critical to our economic and social development and it is important that we support and celebrate that success. By highlighting our achievements and innovations we can inspire and motivate others, as well as increase our reach beyond these shores.
Companies can enter into eighteen categories, covering business growth, new business, people development, customer service, innovation and life time achievement.
The full list of categories this year is:
- Best Tourism Attraction/Service of the Year Award sponsored by TOURISM IRELAND
- Accommodation Provider of the Year sponsored by FIRST TRUST BANK
- Training & Development Award sponsored by ULSTER UNIVERSITY
- Innovation Award sponsored by CAUSEWAY COAST & GLENS BOROUGH COUNCIL
- Retailer of the Year Award sponsored by AUTOLINE INSURANCE GROUP
- Health & Wellbeing Award sponsored by PUBLIC HEALTH AGENCY
- Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility Award sponsored by RIADA RESOURCING
- Small Business of the Year Award sponsored by BANK OF IRELAND
- Green Business Award sponsored by FIRMUS ENERGY
- The Creative Industries Award sponsored by ULSTER BANK
- Social Enterprise of the Year Award sponsored by MC DONALDS
- AgriBusiness of the Year Award sponsored by ATG GROUP LTD
- Best Start up Business Award sponsored by CAUSEWAY ENTERPRISE AGENCY
- Business Growth Award sponsored by DANSKE BANK
- Best New Product / Service of the Year Award sponsored by ARMSTRONG MEDICAL
- Lifetime Achievement Award sponsored by CAUSEWAY COAST AND GLENS BOROUGH COUNCIL
- Best Young Person in Business Award sponsored by NORTHERN REGIONAL COLLEGE
- Good Food Award sponsored by ELECTRIC IRELAND
The closing date for entries is Friday 21 July with entrants being assessed and the finalists announced in August 2017.
We are delighted that Sarah Travers will return to compere the Awards ceremony which will take place on Friday 29 September at Ulster University, Coleraine. This is now a major event in the Borough’s social calendar, so put that date in your diary now.
The Chamber promises an excellent evening so come along, network and most importantly help us celebrate and reward all that is THE best in business in our Borough.
To view the award categories, please visit www.causewaycoastandglensbusinessawards.com or for further information you can contact Annette Deighan, Operations Manager at Causeway Chamber on
028 7034 3111 or email [email protected]