The 148TH Open will be played at Royal Portrush this year, marking a historic return to Northern Ireland for golf’s oldest and most international Championship after nearly 70 years.
Tickets for all four of the tournament days at the 2019 Open Championship at Royal Portrush have sold out. 190,000 golf fans will come through the Royal Portrush gates.
Play your part in history and help welcome the world to Royal Portrush by applying for one of the below jobs.
- App Adviser Promoting the Open App and advising the general public on its use. Knowledge of social media required.
- Children’s Soft Play Assistant Interacting with children in the Soft Play Area. Previous experience of working with children is essential.
- Green Marshal Protecting the green early in the morning prior to play.
- IT Helper Offering general IT help to the press. Knowledge of Excel required. Laser Operator Using tablet computers to determine ball position information for player statistics. Golf knowledge required.
- Left Luggage Attendant Issuing receipts to general public for items left for storage and returning such items.
- Media Centre Assistant Assisting the Press Officer. Physical work involved.
- Medical HQ Data Operator Inputting relevant patient information into computer system at Medical HQ. Medical experience required.
- Nikon Media Centre Assistant An interest in and knowledge of photography is requested
- Programme Seller Selling The Open Official Programme.
- Steward Assisting spectator and vehicular flow around the golf course and within the Spectator Village.
- Top Tracer Data Operator
A spokesperson for R & A said ‘Join us this summer 2019 when golf’s oldest Championship returns to Royal Portrush, Northern Ireland for the first time in 68 years.
The Open relies on the recruitment of temporary employees and volunteers to help deliver a memorable experience for the thousands of spectators who will be part of the Championship in July 2019.
G&A Links is working in partnership with The R&A to recruit for many different types of positions but please note that marshals are recruited from clubs local to the venue and scorers by the Chief Scorer.’
Click here to download the application form which shows the list of positions available. Complete and post it with an accompanying CV to G&A Links. Please note that electronic submissions are not accepted.