A Londonderry man has been arrested in connection with dissident republican activity. The suspect, aged 41, was arrested in the Co Antrim area today, Saturday 05 September, by Detectives from Serious Crime Branch investigating a series of offences committed at the wake and subsequent funeral of Peggy O’Hara. He has been taken to the Serious Crime Suite at Antrim Police Station for questioning.
The Senior Investigating Officer, Detective Inspector Philip Montgomery has also issued a number of special appeal points.
- Were you in the area of Templegrove on 15th July 2015?
- Did you see anyone dressed in paramilitary-style uniform?
- Did you see any suspicious activity in and around the area of Templegrove on the evening of the 15th July 2015?
- Did you hear what may have been shots being fired that evening?
- Did you see, or know where the gunmen went after the incident?
- Were you along the route of the funeral cortege from Templegrove to the City Cemetery via Buncrana Road, Northland Road, Bishop Street and Lone Moor Road on 18th July 2015?
- Did you see anyone dressed in paramilitary-style uniform on 18th July 2015.
- Are you able to identify anyone who was dressed in paramilitary-style uniform on 18th July 2015?
Detective Inspector Montgomery continued: “Do you have any information which may assist this investigation, if so please contact Detectives on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 8000 555 111.”