Community Planning is one of the new responsibilities of Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council.
The purpose of community planning is to develop a long term vision and plan for the Causeway Coast and Glens area and all its citizens, based on analysis of needs, identifying priorities and seeking out opportunities to address them.
The process aims to achieve an overall, integrated view of the social, economic and environmental needs of our area. The Community Plan as a strategic planning tool will be the key over-arching framework for partnerships and initiatives in our Council area and at local and neighbourhood levels. It is not seen as an additional or parallel process to structures already in place.
Developing and implementing the Community Plan is a major undertaking and will involve partnership working at many different levels in the area. As lead partner, Council is currently establishing a process to work alongside statutory agencies and others to develop and implement a shared vision to improve quality of life for our citizens.
The statutory partners of Council designated by legislation and forming the initial participants in the Causeway Coast and Glens Community Planning Strategic Partnership alongside ten Elected Members of Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council are as follows:-
Tourism NI, Police Service for NI, Education Authority for NI, Northern Health and Social Care Trust, Western Health and Social Care Trust, Health and Social Care Board, Public Health Agency, the Council for Catholic Maintained Schools (CCMS), NI Fire and Rescue Service, Invest NI, Sport NI and Libraries NI.
This is an exciting time for all of us, with the opportunity for mapping together a range of services from all sectors within the community to enhance better outcomes for all our citizens.
Shaping the Future for Causeway Coast and Glens – Have Your Say – Community Engagement Events
A series of Public Community Engagement Events have been organised in order to inform people about Community Planning and how they can engage with the process. Also to access the voices and views of as wide a group of people as possible.
- Monday 6th June 2016 in Portrush Town Hall, 2 Kerr St, Portrush, BT56 8DX – commencing at 2.00pm ending approximately 4.00pm
- Wednesday 8th June 2016 in Ballymoney Town Hall, Townhead St, Ballymoney – commencing at 2.00pm ending approximately 4.00pm
- Friday 10th June 2016 in Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council Civic Headquarters, Cloonavin, 66 Portstewart Road, Coleraine – commencing at 2.00pm ending approximately 4.00pm
- Monday 13th June 2016 in Roe Valley Arts and Cultural Centre, 24 Main St, Limavady commencing at 2.00pm ending approximately 4.00pm
- Wednesday 15th June 2016 in Sheskburn House, 7 Mary St, Ballycastle – commencing at 7.00pm ending approximately 9.00pm
- Monday 20th June 2016 in Garvagh Community Building, Main St, Garvagh – commencing at 7.00pm ending approximately 9.00pm
- Thursday 23rd June 2016 in Dungiven Library, 107 Main St, Dungiven – commencing at 7.00pm ending approximately 9.00pm
Please register your interest in attending one of these events by contacting [email protected]
Council is also developing a Community Planning Register of Interest for any group or individual interested in being informed and updated about the Causeway Coast and Glens Community Plan.
Those interested can contact a member of the Community Planning Team who will be happy to assist you, by email: [email protected]