The Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council area is buzzing with excitement and preparation, following the announcement this week of the shortlisted award nominees for the inaugural Grow Make Eat Drink Awards.
One of the Council’s own projects, the CCAG Food Network, a support and showcasing network for food businesses, has been shortlisted in the Food Hero of the Year category. In addition, the Rathlin Sound Maritime Festival, a festival organised in partnership between Council, community groups and the local Chamber of Commerce, has also been shortlisted in the Best Food/Drink Promotion by a Festival or Event.
The overall awards hold exciting prospects for numerous local businesses in the following categories:
- Ballinteer Farm Quail, Coleraine – Best Artisan Food Producer and Best Food Start Up Business
- Broighter Gold Rapeseed Oil, Limavady – Best Artisan/Micro producer
- Glenballyeamon Eggs, Cushendall – Best micro food producer
- Gourmet Mallow Company, Limavady – Best Food Start Up business category
- Lacada Brewery, Portrush – Best Artisan Drink Producer
- Ocho Tapas, Portrush – Most Creative Eatery Category Using Local Food & Drink
- Causeway Coast and Glens Food Network – Food Hero of the Year
- The Rathlin Sound Maritime Festival, Ballycastle/Rathlin Island – Best Food/Drink Promotion by a Festival or Event
Mayor of Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council, Alderman Maura Hickey said, “Council is delighted to celebrate the recognition of those nominated for the Grow, Make, Eat, Drink Awards 2016 and offer its best wishes going forward in their individual pitch in hopes to secure a win of the category award.
“These nominations are a resounding endorsement of the calibre of the talent, the commitment of our Council and the quality of the produce from the Causeway Coast and Glens Borough. To have been shortlisted is already a great accolade and I wish every single entrant all the best for the final results.”
Results will be announced on 11th August at an Awards ceremony in Ramada Belfast where the Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council, local food businesses and the local community, will share a platform of world class recognition with all those nominated.
– See more at: https://www.causewaycoastandglens.gov.uk/news/causeway-coast-and-glens-nominations-for-grow-make-eat-drink-awards-2016#sthash.dPGFHHUl.dpuf