Firefighters in Ballycastle were called out to three separate incidents involving Carbon Monoxide in the space of five days.
The first incident was at approximately 11pm on Thursday 8th October, fire service crews attended the callout to a home in Altnanam Park. After checking the property using a gas monitor, no traces of Carbon Monoxide could be found and the incident was declared a false alarm. Ambulance personnel were also in attendance and checked the occupants as a precaution.
Fire crews were called out again at around 3.50am on Saturday 10th October to a property in the Market Street area.
Firefighters checked the property for carbon monoxide using a gas monitor. Carbon monoxide was detected, the premises ventilated and advice was given to the occupier.
Five females were taken to hospital, one of them suffering from chest pains while the other four were taken to hospital as a precautionary measure.
Fire crews were called out once again at around 9.15 pm on 11th October to a Carbon Monoxide Incident in the Gortmaddy Drive area.
Firefighters checked a property for carbon monoxide using a gas monitor. The gas was detected, setting off the monitor’s carbon monoxide alarm. Ambulance personnel treated a woman and two children at the scene.