Whoa! We average 60,000+ unique weekly readers!

FeaturedNews

Robinson highlights Homeowner Flood protection scheme.

1 Mins read

Alderman Alan Robinson has highlighted a new flood protection scheme for homeowners.

He said, ‘The Homeowner Flood Protection Scheme is a new Rivers Agency initiative that allows for residents whose homes have flooded and/or are located within known flood prone areas to apply for a grant to help modify their homes to make them more resistant to flooding.

Those eligible for the scheme will receive a 90% grant towards the cost of installing equipment to protect their homes up to a maximum of £10000. Successful applicants will be required to make the remaining 10% contribution. The overall cost of protecting an average home is expected to be between £3500 to £7500 using measures such as door barriers, airbrick covers, non-return drainage outlets and waterproofing walls. The scheme applies to homes that have flooded and/or at risk to any weather related flooding.’

Alderman Robinson went on to say, ‘considering the wet climate that we live in I would encourage homeowners who believe that their home is at risk to submit an application.’

Full details of the grant scheme and application forms can be found at www.nidirect.gov.uk/flooding-in-your-area or by contacting the Grant Scheme Manager on 02890253355.

10806 posts

About author
An article that is attributed to the Causeway Coast Community Team has either involved multiple authors, written by a contributor or the main body of content is from a press release. Got a news-related tip you’d like to see covered on Causeway Coast Community? Email us - [email protected]
Articles
Related posts
News

Bid for Belfast to host Armed Forces Day 2022 slammed by Sinn Fein

1 Mins read
FacebookTwitterPinterestWhatsAppA bid to bring Armed Forces Day to Belfast has been condemned by Sinn Fein. The last Armed Forces Day in Northern…
Featured

Executive statement on Coronavirus Health Regulations

1 Mins read
FacebookTwitterPinterestWhatsAppThe Executive has today agreed changes to the Coronavirus Health Regulations to reduce the numbers who can gather indoors and outdoors, including…
News

Murphy allocates funds for health, childcare and free school meals

1 Mins read
FacebookTwitterPinterestWhatsAppFinance Minister Conor Murphy today allocated over £250 million as part of the 2020-21 June monitoring round process. Announcing the funding, Minister…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *