Tesco are recalling a number of their own brand butters due to concerns that some may have levels of Listeria monocytogenes present.
The products recalled are:
- Tesco Chocolate Chip & Maple Syrup Butter 100g
- Tesco Red Chilli & Lemon Butter 100g
- Tesco Roast Garlic & Herb Butter 100g
- Tesco Three Peppercorn Butter 100g
- Counters Roast Garlic & Herb Butter Discs 10g
- Counters Peppercorn Butter Discs 10g
- Counters Chilli Butter Discs 10g
As a precautionary measure, Tesco are recalling all date codes of affected butters from customers. Products 5 to 7 are complimentary butter discs offered to customers at the fresh meat and fish counters.
No other Tesco products are known to be affected.