The Orange Order and Independent Orange Order are hosting a number of ‘Twelfth’ parades across the northern part of Northern Ireland on Monday.
The major parades will be in the following towns:
· Coleraine will have feeder parades moving around from 9am onwards, with the main parades at 10.45am and 3.30pm. All town centre roads will be closed during this, including the Bann Bridge, Strand Road, Killowen Street, Railway Road and the lower part of Lodge Road.
· Bushmills town centre will be closed to through traffic from 1pm to 2.30pm and 4pm to 5.30pm. Priestland Road will remain open on this occasion.
· Antrim town centre will be closed to through traffic from 9.45am to 12.30pm and 3.15pm to 5pm.
· Ballymena town centre and Harryville/Antrim Road will be closed to traffic from 12.30 pm to 2pm and 4.30pm to 6 pm. This will also affect Waveney Road at times.
· Broughshane will be closed to through traffic noon to 1pm and 4pm to 5pm.
· Portglenone will be closed to through traffic 11am to 2.30pm and 4.30pm to 6pm.
· Ballymoney town centre will be closed to through traffic 1.00 pm to 2.00 pm and 4.30 pm to 5.00 pm.
You may also encounter ‘feeder’ parades in other towns and villages as bands and lodges prepare to leave for their main demonstration, or on their return.
Please be on the lookout for these parades. Be patient, most will only last for a short time. Not all will have police in attendance.