Two people have been taken to hospital following a gas leak at Ballyrashane Creamery.
A Northern Ireland Fire & Rescue Service spokesperson said:
“Northern Ireland Fire & Rescue Service (NIFRS) received a call at 10:02am to a report of an ammonia spill at premises at the Creamery Road, Ballyrashane area of Coleraine this morning (Monday 25th January).
“2 Fire Appliances from Coleraine Fire Station, one Fire Appliance from Portrush Fire Station, 2 Fire Appliances from Strabane Fire Station and one Fire Appliance from Ballymoney Fire Station were deployed to the scene. Firefighters isolated a leak at the premises with no risk to life or property. The premises were evacuated and all persons inside the property have been accounted for. A secondary leak was identified and isolated by Firefighters and the premises is being ventilated.
“Two persons were taken to a nearby hospital for treatment following the incident.
“The Creamery Road, Ballyrashane has now re-opened in both directions and Northern Ireland Fire & Rescue Service finished at the scene at 12:33pm.”