A woman and three children were taken to hospital after NIFRS were alerted to a Chimney Fire at a premises in Coleraine this afternoon.
Upon entering the house, gas monitors detected a high reading of Carbon Monoxide.
A Northern Ireland Fire & Rescue Service spokesperson told Causeway Coast Community:
“Northern Ireland Fire & Rescue Service (NIFRS) received a call at 1:35pm to a report of a chimney fire at residential premises at the Bushmills Roads area of Coleraine this afternoon (Tuesday 23rd February).
“2 Fire Appliances from Coleraine Fire Station were deployed to the scene following a report of a chimney fire in the area. Firefighters using a stirrup pump, thermal imaging cameras, breathing apparatus and a gas monitor dealt with the incident. One woman and three children were taken to a nearby hospital due to a high level of carbon monoxide in an adjacent property as a precaution.
“The property has been ventilated and the reading has decreased dramatically. Northern Ireland Fire & Rescue Service finished at the scene at 4:02pm and the incident has been passed through to the local Environmental Health Officer
Image Credit: Google Maps