Fire reignites at property in Portstewart

Fire reignites at property in Portstewart

A fire has reignited at a property in the Prospect Park area of Portstewart.

Firefighters used 1 jet to extinguish the fire.

A NIFRS spokesperson said "The incident was dealt with by 9.23am this morning and the cause of the reignition is believed to be accidental."


Emergency services rescued a 63-year old man after his home was destroyed by the initial fire on Sunday morning.  The fire was treated as accidental by the fire service as they believe it was started by a 'discarded cigarette'.

You've successfully subscribed to Causeway Coast Community News
Great! Next, complete checkout to get full access to all premium content.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Unable to sign you in. Please try again.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.
Error! Stripe checkout failed.
Success! Your billing info is updated.
Billing info update failed.