GoFundMe launched after Portstewart home destroyed in fire

GoFundMe launched after Portstewart home destroyed in fire

A house in the Prospect Park area of Portstewart was left destroyed after a fire ignited from a discarded cigarette in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Mark Roughan, a well-known and loved native of Portstewart experienced the devastating house fire in the early hours of Sunday morning. Both Mark (and his beloved dog Clipper) escaped serious injury; sadly he also lost most of his belongings due to fire and water damage.

His friends at Portstewart Men's Shed have offered the opportunity for the community of Portstewart to show their love and support for Mark by contributing to a fundraiser to help him to get back on his feet.

The fundraising campaign has been organised with the support of Portstewart Parish, SVP and Portstewart Community Association.

Almost £4000 has been raised thus far through donations on the site.

Councillor Mark Fielding is supporting the fundraiser for Mark. Councillor Fielding said "Mark is a well known character in Portstewart known for music particularly saxophone who along with his collie dog clipper entertained the community through his busking and music videos during lockdown.

"I hope the community will rally around at this time for someone who has lost almost all his belongings in the house fire."

To donate - CLICK HERE

You've successfully subscribed to Causeway Coast Community News
Great! Next, complete checkout to get full access to all premium content.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Unable to sign you in. Please try again.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.
Error! Stripe checkout failed.
Success! Your billing info is updated.
Billing info update failed.