8 National Geographic style ‘Yellow Frames’ To Be Erected At Beauty Spots Across Borough

Eight steel-constructed replicas of National Geographic’s iconic ‘yellow frame’ could be appearing across the Causeway Coast & Glens Borough very soon to highlight key points of interest in the Borough.

Proposals were brought before councillors last week at the Leisure and Development Committee.

The report read ‘The proposal involves the installation of a maximum of 8 framed structures that will capture a ‘Hidden Treasure’ within the rural landscape of the Borough.

National Geographic as an organisation has shown its full support for this project idea and has been contracted by DAERA to actively promote the project for a period of 3 years from inception. This idea has been used in other European countries with success and the RDP Co-operation subgroup (consisting of 5 CC&G councillors and 4 social partners) believe that this approach would work well within our Borough by adding a new innovative dimension to our visitor experience and by marketing our region to a global audience including the opportunity to market to National Geographic subscribers. National Geographic has a global reach of 440 million households in 171 countries.

The implementation of this project, is directly aimed at addressing the need for providing greater dispersal of the visitor experience to areas away from the ‘honey pot’ locations, relieving the pressure on the key tourism sites, broadening the visitor experience opportunities to some of our areas other special locations, and ultimately helping to sustain our economy.’

The steel frames will stand on a plinth approximately three metres tall and approximately two metres wide.

The project is largely funded by the Rural Development Programme.

The report went onto say ‘The overall cost of the project is estimated to be in the region of £170,719. The RDP Programme will provide 75% of the project costs with the remaining 25% (£42,680) of project costs requested by way of a contribution from Council through cash and routine business support.’

Written by
Digital Editorial Team

An article that is attributed to the Causeway Coast Community Team has either involved multiple authors, written by a contributor or the main body of content is from a press release.

Got a news-related tip you’d like to see covered on Causeway Coast Community? Email us - [email protected]

View all articles
Leave a reply