A special meeting took place in Cloonavin earlier this evening focusing on emergency planning and business continuity.
A number of suggested actions were presented to elected members.
Members agreed a raft of proposals including maintaining critical functions such as waste collection and registration of births and burials.
Numerous facilities will close immediately including:
– Leisure centres (As of this morning)
– Tourist Information Centres
– Flowerfield and Roe Vally Arts Centre
– Community Centres on a case by case basis
– Town halls (except for scheduled weddings)
– Some public toilets being closed
– Events programme kept under review
– Facilities will be used where possible to support government efforts to deal with the virus
Council meetings will reduce in frequency and some voting will take place via email.