The Causeway Coast Truck Festival Committee are proud to announce that proceeds from our event on the 15th & 16th August will benefit our 2020 charity partner the fantastic Air Ambulance Northern Ireland.
The Air Ambulance since entering service in July 2017 have flown over 1300 missions, with 140 of these to patients in the Causeway Coast and Glens Area, making it the 4th highest call out rate in NI.
Kerry Anderson from Air Ambulance Northern Ireland said:
“We are absolutely delighted that the Causeway Coast Truckfest Committee have decided to continue supporting the Air Ambulance NI charity as the beneficiary of this years event.
Every day the HEMS medical team deliver critical pre hospital care to save life, brain and limb. But it’s only possible with continued support, so on-going partnerships like this are crucial.
Thanks in advance to the committee, sponsors, truckers, volunteers, and all attendees making donations- let’s save lives together!”
Some Air Ambulance NI Facts:
* Each year it takes £2 million to sustain this service
* The Team operates 7 days a week hand have clocked up 729 flying hours since service commenced.
* The AANI EC135 helicopter can reach anywhere in Northern Ireland in approximately 25 mins
* It takes £5,500 a day to sustain the service
* Saturday is the busiest day of the week