The job description is as follows :
Centre Manager – Diamond Centre Coleraine
As a Shopping Centre Manager you will be commercially and operationally astute. You will lead, manage and deliver the critical operational requirements of the centre, be an excellent communicator, a clear decision maker and be an approachable people manager with a good all round knowledge of Employee Relations, with an understanding of delivering hard/soft service facilities management and supplier management. The performance of the centre will be optimised through excellent operational and financial management, marketing and customer care.
You will be results driven and have a track record to enable you to demonstrate the ability to drive operational change and improvement to ensure first class client relationships and the delivery of exceptional customer service levels.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To develop successful relationships with all stakeholders to include the client and the managing agent and the tenants to ensure an effective partnership.
- To take overall responsibility for the day to day operation of the centre ensuring the owners obligations are discharged, and to support the owner, its representatives and the manging agent, in achieving objectives.
- To develop working relationships with the decision makers and other stakeholders within the local community.
- To ensure that all management procedures are followed and that contractors and in house staff adhere to all H&S.
- Effective management of the Centre to drive profitability, non-rental income and business plan objectives.
- Regularly monitor and report on the performance of the centre including footfall, turnover, tenants trading performance and non –rental revenue generation.
- To develop and maintain a good relationship with the tenants of the centre and to chair the regular traders meetings. Assist them in driving sales and optimising performance.
- To facilitate and assist with letting enquiries.
- To tender, prepare and deliver the service charge budget on an annual basis.
- To authorise supplier invoices in a timely manner and in accordance with company policy.
- Assist in the collection of service charge and debt recovery, if required.
- Oversee the delivery of a marketing strategy and attend all events.
- Develop relationships with local media and maximise positive publicity on all centre matters.
- Monitor and maintain awareness of all local issues that may affect the centre, and report to all stakeholders.
- To engage with the community by active membership, where appropriate to include the Chamber of Commerce, local schools, colleges etc.
- To monitor any works undertaken by tenants and ensure compliance with previously approved plans.
Effective Operational Management of the Centre:
- Work along with all service providers to ensure that high standards are met and maintained. Service providers should be assessed in conjunction with the KPI’s set at the start of the contract.
- To ensure that all maintenance records are kept up to date including asset register, plans and testing of M&E equipment. Any action required must be taken within the appropriate timeframe.
- To manage all works undertaken at the centre including PPM and major projects.
- To ensure tenants manual and shop fitting guide is up to date and distributed to any new tenants.
- The high quality of customer facilities and services should be maintained.
- Ensure regular property inspections of the tenant’s demise to ensure they are complying with lease covenant – any breaches should be reported to the property manager.
- Maintain up to date knowledge and awareness of market practices and legislation affecting Centre management.
- Take ownership for the management of all statutory compliance /risk on site including the maintenance of records.
- To adhere to all TDKM policies and procedures at all times.
Qualifications and Experience
- Previous centre management / leisure management / retail management experience.
- Strong people management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage time, priorities and business planning.
- Experience of delivering financial targets and service charge management.
- Ability to understand the local market and apply it to the centres business plan.
- Relevant H&S training and a working knowledge of legislation and practical implementation of the procedures and knowledge of environmental requirements, ideally IOSH or NEBOSH qualified
- IT literate, able to use MS office and bespoke company systems.
- BCSC Diploma is Shopping Centre Management or similar industry qualification preferred
- Highly motivated leader.
- Commercially aware and up to date with industry news.
- Ability to think and plan strategically.
- Able to use own initiative, efficient, flexible, innovative, reliable and keen to improve and develop their skills.
- Excellent communicators at all levels strong interpersonal skills with good written, report writing and verbal skills.
- Resourceful, innovative thinker.
- Fast and responsive – works to strict deadlines.
- Team player – maintain close working relationships with other employees of the business to assist in the facilitation of all projects.
- Results and achievement orientated to a high standard.
- Experience in the management of people, including selection and training.
- Capability to work unsupervised and take responsibility.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Aptitude to remain calm under pressure.