Whoa! Averaging 66,000 Unique Weekly Readers! 

Local News

Get active this summer with Council’s Summer Recreation programme

2 Mins read
BT Coleraine

Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council has unveiled its summer recreation programme. The fun filled line-up, developed by Council’s Sport Development and Physical Recreation Team, will begin on Monday 3rd July and run until Friday 11th August. This year’s programme will have something for everyone, offering a fantastic selection of 62 courses covering 27 different activities.

The Mayor of Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council, Alderman Maura Hickey said: “The packed programme has so much to offer this year, with activities including cricket, rowing, badminton and paddle boarding. I would like to encourage all young people to get involved. They can learn new skills, meet new friends and have fun all at the same time.” Sports Development Manager (Central), Stephen McCartney, who leads the Programme, said: “Council’s Sports Development Team is committed to offering a wide a range of quality activities for young people and we believe this year’s programme will exceed expectations.

The Table Tennis Camp and Soccer Starz Indoor Camp are new additions to the programme and will appeal to a much wider audience, with traditional favourites such as tennis, hockey and golf also available. Each course is designed to increase the participant’s skill level but more importantly, the emphasis is on having lots of fun.” “There is also a special incentive for young budding footballers this year. Participants on all soccer school courses will receive a free football to help practice their skills.” Due to popular demand, the swimming courses follow the same format as last year with levels 1–10 in the main pool and minnows’ levels 1-4 in the minor pool. They are also in keeping with the centre’s lessons, offering value for money and continuity. The full price for individuals to participate per course is £30 each. There is a special discount ticket available priced at £24 per person per course, for those who have a current Access to Leisure Card. This discount is also available for anyone enrolling for a minimum of three courses per household (activities must be booked at the same time).

Enrolment will begin on Saturday 3rd June at 8.15am at Coleraine Leisure Centre. Application forms are available via the link below which can be filled in and brought to the Leisure Centre on Saturday 3rd. All interested parties will only be permitted to enrol one family on the initial day of enrolment. For those children who do not wish to be part of the sporting activities, Council’s Summer Recreation Programme will also be running numerous summer schemes throughout the borough. Taking place in Coleraine West, Coleraine Leisure Centre, Bushmills, Portstewart, Castlerock, Garvagh and Kilrea, full information brochures are now available. Summer Recreation Programme brochures with summer scheme details and enrolment forms are available from Coleraine Leisure Centre. For further information, please contact Roger Downey, Participation Manager on 028 7034 7234 or Stephen Mc Cartney, Sports Development Manager (central) on 028 7035 5048.

11357 posts

About author
An article that is attributed to the Causeway Coast Community Team has either involved multiple authors, written by a contributor or the main body of content is from a press release. Got a news-related tip you’d like to see covered on Causeway Coast Community? Email us - [email protected]
Articles
Related posts
Local News

NI Executive agrees multi-million Covid support funding

2 Mins read
FacebookTwitterPinterestWhatsAppFinance Minister, Conor Murphy has announced a £300million support package including over £200million for businesses and £98million of Covid-19 funding to support…
Local News

Archibald welcomes £95m high street voucher initiative

1 Mins read
FacebookTwitterPinterestWhatsAppSinn Féin MLA Caoimhe Archibald has welcomed the announcement of a £95 million high street voucher scheme to support local businesses struggling…
Local News

Ní Chuilín - £44million in Covid-19 Heating Payments to issue by January 2021

1 Mins read
FacebookTwitterPinterestWhatsAppCommunities Minister Carál Ní Chuilín has welcomed £44.3million of Executive funding for a Covid-19 Heating Payment for older people and those in…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *