Whoa! Averaging 66,000 Unique Weekly Readers! 

Local News

Hotel Worker Denies Murdering Ex Partner

1 Mins read

The former partner of Charlotte Murray, who was reported missing in 2013, is to stand trial for her murder later this year, following a hearing at Dungannon Crown Court sitting in Belfast.

The two first met while working at Lusty Beg hotel complex near Kesh.

John Patrick Miller (48) who is originally from Coleraine but now resides at Redford Park, Dungannon, replied not guilty when the charge of murder on a date between October 31 and November 2 2012, was put to him.

During the brief hearing, Mr Justice Colton has advised the trial, which is to begin in September, is expected to last up to four weeks.

However, as yet no venue has been selected as Miller’s defence team said that there may become prejudice if the case was tried in the Tyrone-Fermanagh court division.

Defence counsel said, this case would have a little bit of notoriety after police had put out a number of appeals to the media for information over Charlotte’s disappearance.

The judge said he would review the position of a venue in two weeks.

No details were given in court of the circumstances surrounding the case, but during a previous hearing at Dungannon Magistrates Court, a detective sergeant said police believe Miller murdered Charlotte after he became aware she had a brief relationship with another man.

He added traces of her blood were found in a bathroom at the house the couple shared at the time at the Moy, Co Tyrone. A defending lawyer rejected this assertion, stating
the presence of blood does not signify a murder occurred in that house. Animal blood was also found there … There is no evidence a murder took place in the house.

Charlotte was originally from Omagh but had been living in the Moy, and worked in the Cohannon Inn nearby with Miller.

The couple met some time before while working at Lusty Beg in Fermanagh.

They left and began new jobs together, as well as setting up home in the Moy.

Shortly before her disappearance, she was looking for other work, and had been offered a sales job in Belfast.

Charlottes’ family reported her missing in 2013 and afterwards the disappearance would be upgraded to a murder enquiry.

Despite extensive police inquiries and appeals for information, the detective said her body has never been found.

Miller is remanded on continuing bail with strict conditions.

11455 posts

About author
An article that is attributed to the Causeway Coast Community Team has either involved multiple authors, written by a contributor or the main body of content is from a press release. Got a news-related tip you’d like to see covered on Causeway Coast Community? Email us - [email protected]
Articles
Related posts
Local News

Pensioner denies obstructing Rathlin Ferry

1 Mins read
FacebookTwitterPinterestWhatsAppA 77-year-old man denies a charge of obstructing the Rathlin Ferry. Bertie Currie, of Ballynagard Cottages on Rathlin, is charged in relation…
Local News

Consultation opens to introduce part time speed limit of 20 miles at schools around Borough

1 Mins read
FacebookTwitterPinterestWhatsAppA consultation period by the Department of Infrastructure to introduce 20 MPH restrictions at numerous schools throughout the Borough has opened. The…
Local News

Man caught speeding at 91mph

1 Mins read
FacebookTwitterPinterestWhatsAppA MAN caught doing 91mph in a Volkswagen Golf in a 60mph zone has been given three penalty points and a fine….

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *