The Jet Centre complex was evacuated on Tuesday evening after a stage speaker in a cinema screen short-circuited according to the Jet Centre owner.
Six fire appliances, PSNI and NIAS attended the incident.
In a statement, Jet Centre owner Michael McAdam said “The Jet Centre complex in Coleraine was evacuated briefly on Tuesday evening after a stage speaker in a cinema screen appears to have short circuited.
Following health and safety procedure, staff evacuated all areas of the complex just after 8pm. The fire brigade was called and checked the building thoroughly and were satisfied that there was no fire. Management at the Jet Centre said that no one was hurt and there was no damage to the building.
The centre will be open as normal on Wednesday. Customers whose entertainment was disrupted should contact the centre.
This turned out not to be a serious incident but we are delighted by the quick response of our staff and the care taken to ensure the safety of our customers. Our procedures were followed to the letter by our staff and by the time the fire brigade arrived, everyone was out of the building.”