Whoa! Averaging 66,000 Unique Weekly Readers! 

Local News

Man breached bail by drinking and having mobile phone

1 Mins read

A Ballymoney man whose bail conditions include him not possessing a mobile phone or being intoxicated in public was carrying a mobile and turned up with drink onboard when signing bail at Coleraine Police Station.

Gareth Allen (48), of Garry Drive, faces charges of threatening to kill a woman and assaulting her and improperly using a public electronic communications network to cause anxiety.

Coleraine Magistrates Court, on April 1, was told that following the police station incident the defendant was released again on bail but that on March 31 police saw a mobile on the arm of a chair beside Allen.

A defence solicitor said the defendant had the phone so he could get in touch with family members in emergencies and no contact had been made with the alleged injured party.
District Judge Peter King upped the bail amount from £500 to £750 and said if caught with a phone again the defendant will go to jail.

The judge said: “Mobile phone, Maghaberry, very simple”.

11457 posts

About author
An article that is attributed to the Causeway Coast Community Team has either involved multiple authors, written by a contributor or the main body of content is from a press release. Got a news-related tip you’d like to see covered on Causeway Coast Community? Email us - [email protected]
Articles
Related posts
Local News

Court hears woman is accused of £17,000 benefit fraud

1 Mins read
FacebookTwitterPinterestWhatsAppJacqueline McLaughlin (40) of Hartford Park, Coleraine is accused of £17,861,86 benefit fraud between the dates of 2014 – 2017. The case…
Local News

Pensioner denies obstructing Rathlin Ferry

1 Mins read
FacebookTwitterPinterestWhatsAppA 77-year-old man denies a charge of obstructing the Rathlin Ferry. Bertie Currie, of Ballynagard Cottages on Rathlin, is charged in relation…
Local News

Consultation opens to introduce part time speed limit of 20 miles at schools around Borough

1 Mins read
FacebookTwitterPinterestWhatsAppA consultation period by the Department of Infrastructure to introduce 20 MPH restrictions at numerous schools throughout the Borough has opened. The…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *