Whoa! Averaging 66,000 Unique Weekly Readers! 

Local News

Man ‘filmed On Mobile Phone’ Whilst He Allegedly Assaulted Woman In Domestic Incident Is Bailed To Bangor And Barred From Coleraine

1 Mins read
BT Coleraine

A man who was allegedly filmed on a mobile phone assaulting a woman in a domestic incident has been released on bail to an address in Bangor and barred from entering Coleraine.

Emil Palys (35), of Ballygallin Park in Coleraine’s Ballysally estate, is charged with assaulting a woman on Friday October 12.

A previous court was told a neighbour heard “loud screaming and crying” used a mobile phone to record footage.
A police officer told that court the PSNI received a report of a disturbance.
A neighbour said they saw Palys grab the injured party by the hair and shove her to the ground and they were able to record the incident using a mobile phone.

The police officer said the injured party was heard shouting to Palys to let her go and and to leave her alone.
When officers arrived at the scene they noted red marks on the woman’s neck but she declined to make a statement to police.

During a police interview the defendant denied there was any physical violence during the incident.
The police officer said: “We have the footage from the neighbour”.
At the original hearing, police said they were seeking a bail address outside of Coleraine and also at that court a defence lawyer said no bail application was being made because no address was available.

Palys, who is originally from Poland, appeared back at Coleraine Magistrates Court on Monday October 29 via video link from Maghaberry Prison where he had been on remand.
A defence lawyer said bail had been agreed.

District Judge Liam McNally released the defendant on bail of £500 to live an an address in Bangor; he is not to consume alcohol or be on licensed premises and has to submit to a preliminary breath test if requested by police.
The defendant is not to enter Coleraine apart from attending court and if he needs to attend a doctor or dentist in the town he has to seek approval from police.

He also has a 10pm-7am curfew and is not to have contact with the alleged injured party or any witnesses directly or indirectly.

The judge adjourned the case to November 26 and told the defendant if he breached any terms of bail he was liable to be remanded back into custody.

11366 posts

About author
An article that is attributed to the Causeway Coast Community Team has either involved multiple authors, written by a contributor or the main body of content is from a press release. Got a news-related tip you’d like to see covered on Causeway Coast Community? Email us - [email protected]
Articles
Related posts
Local News

DERVOCK : Incident Ended

1 Mins read
FacebookTwitterPinterestWhatsAppDERVOCK : The incident has now ended and residents can return to their homes. Commenting on the significant disruption caused in Dervock…
Local News

Detectives investigating shootings in Coleraine recover two firearms

2 Mins read
FacebookTwitterPinterestWhatsAppDetectives from the Police Service of Northern Ireland investigating the shooting of a vulnerable woman in her home on Bushmills Road, Coleraine…
Local News

Police are dealing with three security alerts in the Dervock area

1 Mins read
FacebookTwitterPinterestWhatsAppPolice are dealing with three security alerts in the Dervock area following the discovery of three suspicious objects in the area this…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *