A fire this morning, Wednesday 30th September 2020 at Councils Household Recycling Centre in Loughanhill Industrial Estate was quickly put out by the fire service. Two Appliances from Coleraine Fire Station attended the incident. They used a hose reel jet to extinguish the fire and the incident was dealt with by 9.32am.
A Council spokesperson said: “The fire was quickly extinguished, and no damage was caused to any Council property.”
UPDATE: A NIFRS spokesperson confirmed this afternoon that the cause of the fire is believed to have been deliberate ignition.