Well known local man Kevin McAuley has been left “heartbroken” after his pet cat died from poisoning.
Kevin, who is from Ballycastle, has been left devastated after the loss of his 2 year old cat O Malley.
He said “O Malley was murdered during the night by some scumbag. During the night ( Thursday 19th July) someone put poison into ham and sewed it up to trap him. I came home yesterday to find that he could not stand or breathe. I immediately put him into the car to take him to the vet but unfortunately, O’Malley sadly passed away.”
Kevin appeals to pet owners to be very vigilant due to the number of similar incidents in the Ballycastle and neighbouring towns in the North Antrim area over recent weeks.
He went on to say “this could have been a young child’s pet and could have been very devastating under the circumstances”.
He also appeals to the Police Service Of Northern Ireland to be pro-active in detecting these people as he believes that they will be involved in other serious crime.
Kevin finally said, “this could have been picked up by a young child and in which case, it does not bear to think of the outcome”.