Following reports of vehicle thefts in the Causeway Coast & Glens District, Police have issued some advice for car owners to help prevent their vehicles being targeted by thieves.
Posting on Social Media, a Spokesperson said : “In the last few days we have had a number of vehicle thefts in the district, which I am sure you can imagine, has a huge impact on those affected.
We all need our cars for different reasons and they are many peoples pride and joy. Here are some things we can all do to prevent your car being a target for thieves.”
- Always keep your vehicle locked – even in your own driveway or garage
- Don’t leave any valuables in your vehicle
- Never leave your keys in your car whilst unattended
- Try to keep your keys out of view and away from the front door of your house
- If you see anyone acting suspiciously around your car or house please call us