A 22-year-old man who is one of two people charged in connection with an armed robbery in which jewellery was stolen from a shop in Portrush in November is expected to apply for bail on February 18.
On February 11, Gioni Muntean, of no fixed address, appeared at Coleraine Magistrates Court via video link from prison, where he has been on remand in connection with the case.
He is charged with robbing Dunluce Street Antiques of jewellery and faces a second cahrge of possessing an offensive weapon – a knife – with intent to commit robbery.
A 16-year-old co-accused – who cannot be named because of his age – faces the same two charges and was previously given bail.
At an earlier hearing, the proceedings were relayed to both defendants through a Romanian language interpreter.
At Coleraine Court on February 11 a prosecutor said a full file in the case has been received by the Public Prosecution Service.
A defence lawyer said Muntean had unsuccessfully applied for bail on two occasions in connection with the case and said a new bail application was due to be made on February 18 as there could be a bail address in Northern Ireland.