Whoa! Averaging 66,000 Unique Weekly Readers! 

Local News

Six Colleges In NI to suspend all face-to-face delivery from 5pm on Friday

1 Mins read
BT Coleraine

The six colleges of Further and Higher Education in Northern Ireland have taken the decision to suspend all face-to-face delivery from 17:00hrs on Friday, 20 March 2020. The suspension will last until further notice.

The decision, which has been taken in light of the latest UK Government advice, is driven by the overriding need to help protect the safety and wellbeing of our students and our staff.

This announcement means that, as of Monday, 23 March 2020:

· Delivery will continue remotely including the use of digital learning, in so far as this is possible.

· Colleges will remain open to staff only. This will remain under review.

· Where practical, staff should work remotely.

· The absence of students and the size of campuses will ensure that we can all comply with the need to remain socially distant.

A spokesperson said “We understand and deeply regret the unavoidable disruption this will cause to the lives of our learners and our staff. We are giving as much notice as possible to allow time for students, parents, carers and the business community to make the necessary arrangements.

Each College is continuing to work through the ramifications and practicalities of the decision at a local level.

We are hugely proud of the way in which the entire Further Education College community is responding to this dynamic and deeply challenging situation. Our employees’ unwavering commitment to our learners, and to each other, is as admirable as it is unsurprising.

The Colleges will continue to provide staff and students with updates, signposting to official government and public health advice, as well as whatever reassurances we can in the midst of so much uncertainty and unease.

We look forward to welcoming our students back on campus in due course.”

11380 posts

About author
An article that is attributed to the Causeway Coast Community Team has either involved multiple authors, written by a contributor or the main body of content is from a press release. Got a news-related tip you’d like to see covered on Causeway Coast Community? Email us - [email protected]
Articles
Related posts
Local News

Man is accused in relation to alleged Christmas Day incident

1 Mins read
FacebookTwitterPinterestWhatsAppA 73-year-old Portrush man denies charges in relation to an alleged incident on Christmas Day last year. Derek Ridley, of Knox Park,…
Local News

'USA gun' importation charge: Case file not due to be with prosecutors until next year

1 Mins read
FacebookTwitterPinterestWhatsAppA PROSECUTOR says a full file in the case of a man charged with attempting to import a gun from the United…
Local News

Ballymoney man who was 'deliberately coughing' near till in Coleraine Subway outlet at start of covid pandemic avoids jail by 'hair's breadth'

3 Mins read
FacebookTwitterPinterestWhatsAppA MAN who was “deliberately coughing” around the till area at a ‘Subway’ outlet at Coleraine’s Riverside Retail Park at the time…