Fare changes on Metro/Glider, NI Railways and Ulsterbus will be effective from Monday 1st April 2019. On average, fares will increase by 2.6%, in line with RPI, many best value fares have been held and discounts of around 25% continue to be available using best value ‘Smart’ tickets.
Chris Conway, Translink Group Chief Executive said, “We have worked hard to keep fares low by keeping our costs down and attracting record numbers on board over recent years with new services including Glider and Urby.
“We are urging passengers to check their fare options before they travel and look for the best deals such as the range of Metro and Ulsterbus Multi-journey Smartlink cards offering around 25% saving off the cash fare.
“Other options like weekly and monthly tickets offer great value for rail commuters while we also have a range of special discounts available for leisure markets with 1/3rd off Ulsterbus, Goldline and rail fares and special family tickets”.
“We actively work to encourage customers to get the best fare and would direct passengers to our website, social media and contact centre to get more information to start saving.
Key fares will include:
- Metro City Zone £2 fare to increase 10p to £2.10 (last increase Feb 2015)
- Metro Daylink/mlink fares: unlimited day travel price held £3 off peak / £3.50 peak
- Metro Weekly Travel Smartcards price held at £15.00
- Metro Monthly Travel Smartcards price held at £55.00
- Ulsterbus Town Service Travel smartcards price held at £2.20
- Ulsterbus Town Service Smartlink Weekly Travelcard price held at £10.00
- Ulsterbus Town Service Smartlink Monthly Travelcard price held at £38.00
- 1/3rd off Day Return fares on NI Railways and Ulsterbus, after 9.30am, to be retained.
- NI Railways: Free weekend travel facility on local rail network on monthly tickets to be valid for all tickets over £85.00
- Prices held for Zone 1,2,3 and North West iLink – integrated bus and rail smartcard available for 1 day, 1 week and 1 month.
- Family Day Ticket fare £22.00 – no change
“We want to continue to deliver passenger growth. To do this, we will collaborate with all our stakeholders including The Consumer Council NI to promote best value while also delivering major developments and innovation that will transform public transport to be your first choice for travel”, he concluded.