Finance Minister, Conor Murphy has announced £6.75 million for local hospices to support them with the current financial challenges they are facing.
Making the announcement, Conor Murphy said: “The care and support our hospices provide is truly inspiring.
“Our Hospices are there for people and their families when they need it most.
“This £6.75 million support package will help them with the current challenges they are facing from loss of donations and revenue from their retail outlets.
“This funding will make a real difference to these organisations and the families they support.”
This support package includes:
– £3.2 million for the NI Hospice including the Children’s Hospice;
– £1.6 million for Marie Curie;
– £1.1 million for Southern Area Hospice;
– £600,000 for Foyle Hospice; and
– £250,000 for Cancer Fund for Children.