Woman taken to hospital after fire at Limavady care centre

Woman taken to hospital after fire at Limavady care centre

A woman in her 90's has been taken to hospital following a fire in a room at Cornfield Care Centre on the Seacoast Road, Limavady.  

Two appliances from Limavady were called to the incident shortly after 3am.

Causeway Coast Community understands the fire started as a result of an electrical fault.  

A NIFRS spokesperson said, "The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental ignition."

You've successfully subscribed to Causeway Coast Community News
Great! Next, complete checkout to get full access to all premium content.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Unable to sign you in. Please try again.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.
Error! Stripe checkout failed.
Success! Your billing info is updated.
Billing info update failed.